Research Fellow (AI and Large Language Models)
The Yang You group at the National University of Singapore is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to conduct research in the fields of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Large Language Models (LLMs). The successful candidate will work in a collaborative environment and contribute to cutting-edge research projects in AI and LLMs.
- Conduct research in the areas of AI and LLMs, with a focus on developing innovative solutions for natural language processing, understanding, and generation tasks.
- Design and implement novel AI algorithms and models for large-scale language tasks, including language modeling, text classification, machine translation, and question-answering.
- Collaborate with other team members to design and execute research projects.
- Write research reports and publish papers in top-tier academic journals and conferences.
- Present research findings at conferences and workshops.
- xAssist with the supervision of graduate students and other research staff as required.
- Participate in the preparation of grant proposals and research funding applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the principal investigator.
This is a full-time, one-year position with the possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding. The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The start date is negotiable, but the position is available immediately. Applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of at least three referees who can provide letters of recommendation. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- A PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in one or more programming languages, such as Python, Java, or C++.
- Expertise in machine learning algorithms and libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Scikit-learn.
- A strong background in large language models, including experience with training and evaluating models such as GPT, GPT-2, GPT-3, T5, or PaLM.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) techniques.
- Knowledge of linguistics, including syntax, semantics, and pragmatics.
- Experience with model compression and optimization techniques.
- Record of publications in top-tier AI and NLP journals and conferences.