Research Fellow (Grab-NUS AI Lab)
We have multiple postdoctoral research fellow openings for the Grab-NUS AI Lab anchored at the Institute of Data Science at National University of Singapore. Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand transportation platform. The Grab-NUS AI Lab will focus on AI for Southeast Asia to solve transportation and other regional challenges with intelligent insights and innovative services enabled by rigorous research in AI and data science.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Research Fellow will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research in machine learning and big data for the Grab-NUS AI Lab to solve real-world transportation challenges with rigorous research in AI and data science. Phase II of the Grab-NUS AI Lab will focus on computer vision, NLP, and AI explainability. The research should lead to both publications in top-tier international conferences and journals, as well as real-world industry implementations. He/she will be working closely with the Principal Investigator and lab members on one or more research projects together with Grab data scientists on interesting and challenging real world datasets and problem statements.
- Design and develop new state-of-the-art algorithms and applications in machine learning and artificial intelligence for the transportation and e-payment domains, with a focus on computer vision, NLP, and AI explainability;
- Write high-quality research papers to be published at top-tier international research venues;
- Contribute to knowledge exchange and technology transfer activities with industry partners and collaborators;
- Develop ideas for application of research outcomes.
- A PhD in Computer Science, with specialization related to machine learning, data mining, artificial intelligence or databases;
- Proven ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
- Expertise in computer vision, NLP, or AI explainability;
- Experienced in using the latest machine learning, AI, and big data platforms;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills in English.