- Level 8, part-time or full time (0.6 to 1.0FTE) available on a fixed-term basis to 30 December 2027
- Base salary range: $103,364 - $112,981 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Resilient Landscapes Hub is one of four research Hubs under the Australian Government’s National Environmental Science Program. The Hub provides research to inform the management of Australia’s terrestrial and freshwater habitats to promote resilience, sustainability, and productive practices. The Resilient Landscapes Hub delivers applied research to support the management of Australia’s terrestrial and freshwater habitats, including a focus on bushfire recovery, feral animals and invasive species impacts, and accessible science to assist land managers develop and maintain resilient, sustainable, and productive landscapes.
About the opportunity
You will be responsible for the management and monitoring of the business activities of the Hub. You will oversee the financial and management accounts, contractual affairs, and reporting requirements of the Hub. You will also liaise with Hub’s staff, Steering Committee, funders, and partner organisations.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting, Business Management, or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Extensive administrative, finance, and business management experience
- Strong leadership and management skills with previous experience in business development, budget, and financial management, and contract management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to problem solve and establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and external stakeholders at all levels
Note: A current Driver’s licence is a requirement of this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: 321374 - Business Manager - Level 8.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Sunday, 18 June 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Michael Douglas on email Michael.Douglas@uwa.edu.au
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.