Clinical Trial Coordinator
- Level 7, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 12 months
- Base salary range: $92,679 – $102,830 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The research group is conducting an interventional clinical trial, to assess the efficacy of a novel non-invasive device to treat children with otitis media with effusion. This position is based at the QEII Medical Centre campus.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under broad direction, develop the trial standard operating procedures, database to capture patient data, management of ethics submission and interaction with the ethics body and organise the clinical operation and the implementation of the Trial protocol. You will work alongside and coordinate the operations of the clinical team recruiting and retaining participants, and ensuring their welfare. You will monitor the GCP compliant operations of the trial, ensuring the completeness of data gathered at participant visits, and liaise with an independent auditor to report and record deviations from the protocol and any safety issues.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualifications or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Experience coordinating Clinical Trials, interacting with patients and clinicians
- Experience in building databases for patient data collection and management in a clinical trial
- Experience managing ethics application process
- Demonstrated knowledge of GCP principles
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD - Clinical Trial Coordinator - 51441.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday, 6 June 2023
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.