Teaching Assistant (Business Analytics and Information Systems)
The Department of Information Systems and Analytics (DISA) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers two undergraduate degrees in business analytics and information systems. Suitable candidates are invited to apply for the position of teaching assistant to support course instructors in the design and delivery of tutorial, recitation, and laboratory sessions. The expected appointment start date is July 2023 and the appointment is for an initial period of 1 year.
- Conduct small-class teaching (tutorial, recitation, laboratory) and provide support to students via email and consultation hours
- Provide administrative and other teaching support to the module instructor
- Grade module assignments, quizzes, and other assessment components
- A good honours degree or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from a reputable university (e.g., Computing/Engineering/Business/Economics/Statistics)
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively facilitate learning for undergraduate students
- Strong interest in teaching and preferably with proven teaching experience (especially at the tertiary level)
- Able to teach at least 3 to 5 BT or IS-coded modules offered by the department: https://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/cugresource/soc-sched/
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (please indicate student Matriculation/Staff Number if you are an NUS student/staff)
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts (please also forward copies of the official English translations if the original certificates/transcripts are not in English.)
- Teaching statement and past teaching evaluations/peer review reports
- Two referee's reports (please note the School's requirement that referee reports from peers such as Research Assistant/Associate/Fellow and Ph.D. students are inadmissible.)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department : Department of Information Systems & Analytics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19619