Research Fellow, Novel Intelligent Control Algorithm
The Research Fellow (Postdoc) will work under ECE department of NUS in a project in collaboration with A*STAR on novel intelligent control algorithm in electric traction motors for electric vehicles. This research work conducted will lead to publications in high-impact journals, patent filing as well as licensing agreement with collaborating local companies.
The roles of this position include:
- Development of new intelligent control algorithm for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSMs).
- Development of computationally efficient control optimization or machine learning for motor performance enhancement, including but not limited to energy efficiency, rider comfort, safety etc.
- Collaborate with fellow researchers to implement and test the control algorithm in commercially available Motor Control Unit (MCU) from STM, Infineon etc.
Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related field
- Expertise the following areas is preferred: motor control, optimization, and machine learning.
- Previous experience in developing learning-based control methods is advantageous.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good publication track record
- Open to Fixed-Term Contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20509