Research Fellow, Discrete Optimization
Successfully selected Research fellow will work on a research project related maritime resource scheduling. The project includes mathematical model building by means of integer programming, stochastic programming and robust optimization techniques, effective solution algorithm design (exact algorithms and heuristics), and numerical experiments.
- PhD in Transportation, Computer Engineering/Science, Industrial System Engineering, Operations Research subjects
- Experience in developing large-scale integer optimization models and algorithm design for the discrete optimization problems.
- Ability to sophisticatedly use at least one programming language, e.g., Python, Java, C# and C++.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team work and leadership, self-manage and motivated, with minimum supervision.
- Good written and spoken communications
- Research experience on resource allocation, job scheduling and dynamic stochastic programming.
- Proven good publication record in international leading journals.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18301