Research Fellow (Cancer Science Institute of Singapore) 1
A postdoctoral position is available immediately for an extremely motivated Ph.D with a strong background in molecular or cellular biology, biochemistry, or other related fields. The successful candidate will help design and conduct experiments, analyse data, write papers and grants. Projects involve studying the novel mechanisms of replication stress and genome instability in cancers. An overview of research can be found at https://www.csi.nus.edu.sg/web/sriram/
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish sequencing based assays to study DNA damage and replication stress.
- Perform experiments involving bench work and tissue culture.
- Analyse experiment data and interpret results properly.
- Present research findings at lab meetings and seminars.
- Contribute to collaborative projects.
- Take a lead role in wet-lab management.
Applications should include inside a single pdf document a CV, a summary of past research experience, a description of long term plans and names/contact information (including email) of 3 referees. Applications will be processed in a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled or withdrawn.
- A Ph.D. in cancer biology or related area.
- Expertise in cancer biology and cancer genomics preferred.
- Strong background and working knowledge of basic molecular and cellular biology techniques, such as cell culture, cloning, real-time PCR and western blotting.
- Experience with various sequencing and other genomic techniques, and/or CRISPR genome editing is highly desirable.
- Excellent skills to communicate in written and spoken English.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.