Research Assistant / Associate, Culturomics of Anaerobic Bacteria
The Singapore Center for Environmental Life Sciences at the National University of Singapore (SCELSE-NUS) is recruiting a full-time Research Assistant/Associate to work under the supervision of A/Prof. Yann Felix Boucher.
- Daily lab management tasks such as inventory of supplies and samples, preparing culture media and solutions, autoclaving materials, ordering supplies and maintaining bacterial cultures and stocks
- Operate and maintain an anaerobic culture chamber
- Perform molecular biology and microbiology experiments as directed
- Manage metagenome and isolate databases
- To perform other related duties, incidental to the work described herein.
- B.Sc. and/or M.Sc. in Microbiology or related field
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Basic Molecular Biology skills (PCR, gel electrophoresis, sequencing)
- Experience in bacterial culturing
- Experience with anaerobic microbes an asset
- Highly organized and able to work effectively under pressure, use independent judgement, and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant experience and career goals
- Curriculum Vitae, containing details of three named referees
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Life Sciences Institute
Department : Research & Programmes
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18715