Research Assistant (Clinical Mass Spectrometry)
SLING, the Singapore Lipidomics Incubator at the National University of Singapore (NUS), invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of a Research Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development and optimization of mass spectrometry-based methods for clinical lipidomics, in a partnership between NUS, Agilent Technologies and National University Hospital (NUH). More information can be found here https://sling.sg/nusagilenthub/nus-agilent-hub-fortranslation-and-capture/.
You do not need to have a background in academic research. In fact, we would be very keen in expanding our team by an analytical scientist who has worked in testing or diagnostic labs/ CROs.
We are looking for a highly dedicated and motivated individual with experience in mass spectrometry and/ or chromatography. We offer a vibrant, multidisciplinary research environment with top-class facilities. A friendly atmosphere awaits you, with collaborations between different departments at NUS, NUH and international institutions. You will be working closely with a team of senior scientists, staff and students to meet the responsibilities detailed below.
- Plan and organize standard operating procedures of the projects
- Perform different sample preparation protocols for lipidomics of clinical samples
- Assist in maintenance and troubleshooting of HPLCs and mass spectrometers
- Routine operation of LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS, once proficiently trained
- Assist in processing and quality control of lipidomics data
- Prepare project updates
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biomedical/Clinical Sciences, Life Sciences, Bioengineering or related disciplines
- 1-2 years of working experience in an analytical chemistry lab
- Hands-on experience with operation and troubleshooting of HPLC at least, and of MS preferred
- Prior experience in a clinical laboratory or developing tests that have received regulatory approval is considered a strong advantage
How to apply
The project is headed by Anne K Bendt from SLING, NUS. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please submit your application including your CV and names and contact information of 1-2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be available with immediate effect.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Biochemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19620