Lecturer, Faculty of Dentistry
- To work under the Direction of the Vice Dean and Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs/Discipline Director/Programme Coordinator and the education team - Undergraduate Education and Student Affairs, UESA for educational initiatives and support for the students, assigned academic and administrative services.
- To teach and conduct tutorials for Preclinical Operative Dentistry
- To be involved in Education and Dental Materials Research, including curriculum development (e.g. develop new module with a specific emphasis on introducing digital dentistry into the curriculum), institutional service and appropriate scholarly activities
- To supervise laboratory work and projects of the Preclinical students
- To provide service to the University such as serving on standing and ad-hoc dental school committees
- To participate in Committees, Work groups, and meetings as appropriate
- To maintain professional growth and development through seminars workshops, in-services, current literature and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in fields of expertise; supporting and promoting education and research
- Other responsibilities include: Examples,
- Administration of the module
- Scheduling of the Lecturers
- Preparations of teaching materials and resources
- Grading assignments and evaluate module assessment components
- Facilitation of the classes
Applicants must possess BDS & MDS or equivalent degrees with prior residency training and/or private practice experience. Advanced training in Operative Dentistry and/or Restorative Dentistry is required and board eligible desirable. Competency in Digital Dentistry & CAD/CAM dental procedures is also desirable. A commitment to teaching excellence and scholarly activity is also expected.