Research Fellow - Digital Clinical Pathways
Role type: Full-time; Fixed-term until December 2024
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: The Centre for Digital Transformation of Health
Salary: Level B – $114,645 - $136,136 p.a. plus 17% super
- Make a meaningful impact on healthcare by driving qualitative research in digital health pathways.
- Join a collaborative team, develop expertise in digital health research, and contribute to innovative solutions.
- $114,645 - $136,136 p.a., Plus 17% super, and benefits!
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in qualitative research methods in healthcare and a passion for digital health. As part of the Digital Health Validitron team at the Centre for Digital Transformation of Health, you will have the chance to drive qualitative research for two funded projects focused on digitalized pathways in healthcare. You will work alongside a diverse and supportive team of researchers, collaborate with healthcare stakeholders, and have the opportunity to develop expertise in novel digital health qualitative research methodologies. This role offers a unique chance to make a significant impact in the field of digital health and contribute to the translation of research-led advances into real-world healthcare solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and conduct reviews of relevant literature / grey literature and undertake technology scanning and analysis of digital health infrastructure and capabilities.
- Drive the design and development of two related digital health projects focussed on clinical decision supports that facilitate adherence to clinical guidelines.
- Cultivate expertise and standing in the methodologies and practices that are the focus of this role: digitisation of clinical pathways, process mapping, and evaluation of digital readiness for implementation.
Who We Are Looking For
You have a keen ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet objectives within deadlines, and work with minimal supervision. Your attention to detail, high standards, and commitment to completing tasks are evident through your successful track record in project delivery. Your exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills, accompanied by meticulous attention to detail, produce high-quality outputs.
You will also have:
- A PhD or other research higher degree in a relevant topic and at least 3 years’ relevant research experience in a university or healthcare environment.
- Skills in qualitative research methods, including an understanding of theoretical frameworks and epistemologies, demonstrated through the successful application of such methods to yield useful insights and a strong research track record relative to opportunity.
- Experience in applied digital health research and/or innovation.
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern productivity software such as Teams, Office, OneDrive/SharePoint, etc., demonstrated by use of such tools in recent role(s).
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – “Centre for Digital Transformation of Health“
The Centre for Digital Transformation of Health, situated within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, and the School of Computing and Information Systems, drives connected healthcare and bridges the gap between digital health research and real-world application. Join us to make a lasting impact on the future of healthcare by fostering interdisciplinary collaboration, expanding the field of digital health, and transforming the healthcare system through innovative research.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community. For more information, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We recognise that reconciliation is central to our purpose. For more information, please visit our Reconciliation page.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Applications close: 27 June 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Position description: Position Description