Post Doctoral Fellow
- To provide high-quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
The Emirates Nuclear Technology Center (ENTC) at Khalifa University is currently seeking a post-doctoral Research Associate (RA) to participate in a project focused on conducting a safety analysis of design basis accidents and design extension conditions using experimental data from the OECD-ATLAS project. Within this project, the accuracy of predictions made by lump parameter codes, such as RELAP5 and TRACE, will be verified against experimental data obtained from the ATLAS facility. The ENTC group is also in the process of commissioning a separate effects facility to investigate dominant two-phase flow condensation phenomena. We are particularly interested in candidates who possess a background and a keen interest in generating input for safety analysis codes, as well as developing these codes by incorporating new physical models using the V&V (verification and validation) procedure. Candidates should also be experienced in conducting thermal-hydraulic experiments by designing and commissioning test rigs and analyzing the resulting data.
This position is a three-year appointment (with the possibility of extension up to four years) at Khalifa University, located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The role falls within the domain of Thermal-hydraulics, Safety Analysis, and System Design of Nuclear Power Plants. Candidates must be prepared to relocate to Abu Dhabi for the duration of the appointment, commencing as soon as possible. A competitive salary and benefits package will be provided.
For further inquiries on this position, please send an email to Dr. Yacine Addad at email@example.com
To apply online for this position, visit www.ku.ac.ae, including a detailed CV, a motivation letter, and a list of 3 references.
- Ph.D. in nuclear physics, nuclear engineering or in a related field
- High motivation and a solid desire to actively participate in experiments as well as to propose and undertake initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effective interpersonal skills to work effectively within a scientifically diverse team
- Ability to successfully report and publish research results
The successful candidate must possess computational skill and experience, to support thermo-hydraulic investigation of nuclear power plant system, in at least one of the following areas:
- Safety analysis with Lump codes, such as: MARS/RELAP5/TRACE/SNAP
- or -
- Experience in the design, commissioning, and measurements of T-H experimental facilities.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule: Regular Shift:
Standard Job Type: Full-time