The College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a (short-term) full-time Research Assistant in the broad area of applied economic policy. We welcome applications from all candidates (based in the UAE) who have an interest in working on research projects that are applied/empirical in nature. The candidate should be able to demonstrate high degree of competence and professionalism in data collection, management and applied quantitative skills.
The candidate’s duties will include management of day-to-day activities of research projects, conduct literature reviews, perform data analyses and data cleaning, merging different datasets and estimating the models using STATA. The candidate will also be responsible for coding, data management, and data analysis.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to provide high-quality background research assistance for projects that include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Perform systematic data collection, stacking and filtering;
- Undertake coding, data management and data analysis
- Carry out basic statistical and econometric analysis using STATA as required.
- Write literature reviews by summarizing key journal articles and relevant reports from multilateral organizations.
Highly motivated applicants with suitable experience fitting the above-mentioned criteria are welcome to apply for the position. Those with advanced undergraduate or a Master’s degree in economics with a strong technical background, are invited to submit their applications for the position.
- Strong foundation and familiarity with economics and applied econometrics (at the graduate level) is required.
- Good command and knowledge of STATA is absolutely essential.
- High moral values and ethics, professionalism, and positive attitude.
- Willingness to grow exponentially by learning new technical and economic topics and analytical software tools.
- Genuine interest in empirical economics and data analysis.
- BSc. or MSc. Degree.
- A good knowledge of econometrics and the use of STATA for data analysis.
- Knowledge and application of topics in Applied Economics, either by education or through work experience.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with MS Office software.
- Advanced and demonstrated academic writing skills (work portfolio of project reports may be requested).
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Innovation in Govt. & Society-(CBE)
Job Close Date 30-06-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant