- BRAND AND MARKETING
- $93,378 - $104,628 PA (HEW 7)
- ONGOING, FULL-TIME
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
When you join Edith Cowan University as a staff member, you become part of a diverse and talented team with one unique thing in common - the unwavering belief that creative thinking can create better futures. Creative thinking is how we create change.
That’s why at ECU, we look for people who know that creative thinking is a superpower, no matter the subject, no matter the department. It sets us apart, and it makes sure that our students have the edge they need to make a difference.
And if you have a passion for delivering the best user and customer experience possible and have at least three years’ experience delivering UX led Digital solutions, then we want to hear from you. Join our Digital Marketing, Experience and Analytics team to translate user needs into innovative and professional prototypes, leverage user centred data, and develop front-end solutions for ECU's digital platforms.
You will be responsible for facilitating and running UX research and discovery activities resulting in key insights to guide design decisions. This will also include designing blueprints including wireframes, roadmaps, workflows, personas and scenarios, of digital interaction points, such as web, social, email, and portals to enhance the customer experience. You will have a strong understanding of industry best practice for insightful UX audits on our current systems with a view to implement change.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in creating user journey maps, personas, sitemaps, interactive wireframes;
- Excellent knowledge of user centred research and design methodologies and techniques that align with industry best practices;
- Experience interpreting and making design recommendations based on analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Hotjar, FullStory);
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and associated design tools);
- Experience in using wireframing/prototyping tools - Figma is preferred;
- Experience with and developing within Design systems;
- A strong customer focus and ability to build strong business relationships.
- Experience in conducting qualitative research and interacting with stakeholders to improve the digital experience – must be excited about getting to know users and listening to their needs to create change.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry, Courage and Personal Excellence.
ECU is a smoke-free environment.
Benefits & Remuneration
This ongoing, full-time position attracts remuneration of $93,378 - $104,628 pa plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Andrew Dunbar on email email@example.com for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a maximum 4-page statement addressing the dot points above, providing clear examples of where you have demonstrated each of these capabilities. You’ll also need to submit a portfolio of work, focusing on examples of digital UX research work.
Applications close on Sunday 18 June 2023 at 11:30 pm (AWST).
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO ARE EITHER AUSTRALIAN OR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS OR AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.