Research Assistant in the Center for Cyber Security, Dr. Ozgur Sinanoglu
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 29 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, General Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Research Project Description:
The successful candidate will closely work with faculty supervisor on hardware security projects. The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of cyber security. Applicants must have a BSc or MSc in Computer Engineering or related field.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Conduct world class research in hardware security.
- Analyze a research problem, design, implement, and test the solution.
- Write a research article. Present the result in a conference, workshop etc.
- Publish work in top-tier conferences and journals.
- Work closely with collaborators (such as government entities and companies) to deliver ground breaking results.
- Help the center in conducting workshop, conference, competition etc. by contributing technically and/or administratively.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Engineering or Electrical engineering with expertise in hardware security.
- Excellent analytic, design, and coding skills.
- Familiar with a programming language, such as MATLAB, Python, C etc and/or hardware description language such VHDL or Verilog.
- Excellent communication (both writing and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Can work independently or in a team.
- Willingness to take initiative.
Applicants to provide:
- Cover letter, Research statement and Diploma (with official translation into English)
- List of publications
- Three letters of reference with referee contact information
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children. Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of degree(s), a one-page summary of research accomplishments and interests, and at least 3 letters of recommendation, all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.