Professor at the Department of Civil Law
Department: Department of Civil Law – Faculty of Law
Deadline: 25 Jun 2023
Start date: from September 1, 2023 or by agreement
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, announces a competition for a full-time position of Professor at the Department of Civil Law (cover for maternity and paternity leave)
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic, with 10 faculties, more than 6,000 employees and more than 30,000 students.
The Faculty of Law is one of four public law faculties in the Czech Republic. The Faculty of Law of Masaryk University can be characterised as a modern, dynamic faculty, where the focus is on teaching together with scientific research. We are an institution where the term "research activity" and "scientific research" does not remain an empty concept. We have dozens of contacts with foreign experts and pedagogical and scientific institutions both on an individual and institutional level and provide excellent facilities for students and employees.
You can also find out more about us on our website https://www.law.muni.cz/content/en/
The Department of Civil Law is a department of the Faculty of Law of MU, which carries out educational and scientific research activities in the field of private law, especially civil law (including family law and intellectual property law), all in an international comparative context. We emphasize the value basis of the legal system and the search for the meaning and purpose of legal norms.
Your job will include:
- participation in the teaching of subjects implemented at the workplace (in particular Law of Obligations I. and Law of Obligations II.),
- preparation of study and teaching materials, including electronic ones,
- involvement in research activities, including participation in publications,
- participation in the organizational support of research and teaching activities, including related administration.
- Master's degree in Law from a Faculty of Law,
- academic rank: Professor (from the Czech Republic)
- appointment as Professor of Civil Law
- qualified interest in civil law,
- pedagogical aptitude and practical teaching experience,
- prerequisites for independent scientific research activities,
- ability to teach and publish in Czech and English, knowledge of German would be an advantage,
- publication activity in the field of civil law, presentation of the three most important scientific publications from this field;
- presentation of the research concept in the field of private/civil law with intergration into the framework of private law teaching,
- moral integrity.
- the background of a prestigious and successful institution,
- motivating and friendly environment,
- support for professional and personal development
- professional growth and continuing education,
- various employee benefits (8 weeks of vacation, pension insurance contribution, meal allowance, Vodafone mobile tariffs, Multisport card, etc.).
Employment commencement date: from 1st September 2023 or by agreement
Place of work: Brno
Contract type: fixed-term
Application deadline: 25. 6. 2023
How to apply:
Please send your application by the above application deadline - please use the link in the Electronic Application section (see below, or the Faculty of Law website - Public Information - Vacancies)
Your application must include the following documents:
- motivation letter
- structured CV
- three most important scientific publications from the Civil Law field
- list of scientific and publication activities
- photocopies of evidence of qualifications
After successful submission of your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance by email.
Suitable candidates will be invited for an in-person or online interview. The rules for the University's selection procedures can be found on the University's website in the Regulations on Competitive Selection Procedure at Masaryk University.
Information on the MU Processing and Protection of Personal Data can be found on the MU website.
Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, received the European Commission HR Excellence in Research Award for its human resources policy. We provide equal opportunities, promote diversity and strive to create a positive and satisfying working environment for employees.