Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in Sustainability Engineering
Faculty in the ENG Cluster undertake funded industry-relevant research, teach courses in civil, mining, electrical, mechanical, material, marine and systems engineering as well as supervise graduate industry masters and doctorate students in relevant topics. They are also provided with paid leave to undertake consultancy work with industry and/or spend time attached with industry.
FACULTY OPENINGS AT THE SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s first University of Applied Learning, offering industry-relevant degree programmes that prepare its graduates to be work- and future-ready professionals. Its mission is to maximise the potential of its learners and to innovate with industry, through an integrated applied learning and research approach, so as to contribute to the economy and society.
The university’s unique pedagogy integrates work and study, embracing authentic learning in a real-world environment through collaborations with key strategic partners. Its focus on applied research with business impact is aimed at helping industry innovate and grow. Targeted to be ready in 2024, SIT’s centralised campus within the larger Punggol Digital District will feature a vibrant learning environment where academia and industry will be tightly integrated with the community. SIT espouses an applied learning approach and offers degrees with a strong focus on science and technology. Our faculty work closely with industry on translational research and innovation, as well as provide consultancy on solutions to industry challenges. This well-established nexus with industry endows our graduates with deep skills and work-ready training experience – attuning them to the needs and demands of the future economy.
SIT is also establishing strategic live test beds known as ‘Living Labs’ both within and beyond its upcoming Punggol campus to support greater experiential learning and strengthen its applied research offerings. The university’s pool of Engineering experts works with multi-disciplinary teams to drive strategic translational research in key areas such as energy resilience, sustainable infrastructure engineering and maintenance, and maritime engineering.
As a young university, we encourage innovation and seek the right candidates to join us in realising our vision into an increasingly vibrant reality. We offer competitive remuneration, generous employment benefits, access to funding to undertake research of relevance to industry, and opportunities to inspire and nurture the next generation of skilled and work-ready undergraduates.
For this faculty position, we are looking for candidates with an engineering background, who have extensive experience in the area of sustainability.
- Academic and/or industrial experience in enhancing environmental sustainability through engineering solutioning and/or sustainability management
- Having a background and interest in one or more fields of engineering, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, building, and environmental engineering
- Experience and knowledgeable in one or more areas of sustainability measurement and management, such as carbon accounting, life cycle analysis, and sustainability reporting
- Motivated to develop and to teach curriculum related to sustainability
- Strong demonstration of interest to develop sustainability and/or engineering solutions through applied research projects
- Good knowledge in sustainability-related technologies such as carbon capture, utilization and storage
- Hands on experience in commercial engineering project with sustainability goals
- Experience in engineering related projects with strong integration of the three pillars of sustainability
- Preferred to having a PhD in a related technical area
- Led or involved in strong industry - academia partnership projects
Successful candidates will join the Engineering (ENG) Cluster (one of five academic clusters in SIT), as members of a team of accomplished experts who are passionate about higher education and deeply involved in industry transformation through applied research programmes.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. All applications must be submitted electronically via the "Apply Now" button below. Please contact the ENG Cluster Director, Associate Professor Kenneth Low via HR_Faculty@singaporetech.edu.sg if you have any enquiries relating to these opportunities.