SUSS-Nunchi Marine Age Well Programme is a strategic and farsighted plan to target an impending social problem in Singapore. An aging society is a concern but we can do our part to build and shape the quality of care for our silver generation. We will invite leading experts in the field applied ageing to partner SUSS and care providers Singapore in conducting pilot and research for eventual implementation to benefit our older persons, their carers and frontline workers. This is in line with the Minor in Applied Aging Studies spearheaded by SUSS to provide education and new knowledge to students from multi-disciplines.
Older persons can have improved support, care and quality of life in their physical, mental and social needs - to help them to restore dignity, health and equality, so that they have the opportunity to find more meaning in their life and live to its fullest potential.
- The Programme Lead is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders to plan, organize and implement programmes and activities, manage volunteers and conduct needs and outcome assessment to measure and enhance programme relevance and effectiveness to bring about new practices and knowledge.
- Plan, organize and execute programmes/activities beneficial for the older persons
- Act as the main liaison person to communicate and work with potential stakeholders such as organisations, vendors and volunteers, to bring in suitable programmes that meet the needs in local context
- Lead in coordinating, supporting, executing and providing the oversight to planned programmes
- Work with community partners
- Network, collaborate and represent the programme as and when needed
- Develop and maintain a good database of programmes conducted
- Help in facilitating any programmes
- Conduct periodic needs and outcome assessment to evaluate the effectiveness and relevance of programmes
- Perform any other administrative duties as required
- Assist in exercising fiscal management and optimization of resources
- At least Diploma qualification
- At least 2 years relevant experience in community/social service/social Work, preferably in event management
- Ability to plan, organize, execute and facilitate programmes/activities
- Ability to engage stakeholders and partners to bring in programmesKeen interest in working with older persons and caregivers
- Keen interest in working with older persons and caregivers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative and resourceful