Research Enterprise Officer
- Full-time fixed term for 12 months, with a strong possibility of extension, located at our Camperdown Campus
- Support with the implementation of initiatives that support the Faculty's strategic research priorities, assisting in the development of competitive grants applications, and supporting researchers and other support staff on post-award grant management
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is now ranked 38th in the world for 2022 university rankings, moving up 5 places in the last year. Our graduate employability is 1st in Australia, and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in Medicine are rated 1st in Australia, and 18th in the world.
We are partnering with industries who are breaking ground in medicine and health research, and contributing to the health and wellbeing of societies around the world. We have a network of collaborators, and academic and clinical experts throughout our partnered research centres, institutes, and groups across various precincts and locations.
Globally, we are making a difference. You can find out more about the work in this space by visiting our Industry News page.
As a result of this, we are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University's ambitious strategic plan, we are seeking a Research Enterprise Officer to provide administrative support to the Manager, Research Enterprise, and support in the implementation of initiatives that support the Faculty's strategic research priorities, assisting in the development of competitive grants applications, and supporting researchers and other support staff on post-award grant management.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- facilitate effective communication and good working relationships amongst key stakeholder groups in research and research training, including being the cohesive link between the work area and the Faculty in relation to policy development, implementation support, service delivery and provision of information and coordination of information
- coordinate support for events and activities that enhance the research profile of the work area, including Research Week, conferences, workshops, seminars, and research days
- support in identifying research funding application, and income opportunities relevant to the faculty's research priorities and raise awareness for funding opportunities
- work with the Business Development Manager, Manager, Research Enterprise, Research Manager, Strategic Development, and other key stakeholders to foster collaborative, multidisciplinary and strategic research
- provide support for submissions and applications to secure funding for research
- provide guidance and support to the development and implementation of the ongoing research strategy of the faculty.
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that arise as part of normal daily work
- demonstrated ability to interpret and implement policy and procedures and in establishing and reviewing administrative processes
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve required outcomes.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Consultant, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 13 June 2023 11:59 PM
More searches like this
- Education Research Related Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Education Research Assistants / Officers Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Education Professional Services Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Education Administrative Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Education Other Professional Services Australia jobs in Camperdown