Audio-Visual Support Technician
- 7 x roles available- 4 x full-time continuing, plus 3 x 3 year full-time fixed-term opportunities
- Provide professional and reliable audio-visual technical support working within the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) team
- Base Salary $ 91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking experienced Audio-Visual Support Technicians to join our Information and Communications Technology (ICT) team. As one of the Audio-Visual Support Technicians, you will be responsible for providing technical support services to staff and students of the University of Sydney while demonstrating a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness. This role will require you to act as a key customer interface for ICT's delivery of quality audio visual and ICT services.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide technical audio-visual support services to staff and students of the University of Sydney with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness
- make decisions as to the best technical solution to employ to solve issues in regard to AV solutions
- be responsible for solving issues and overcoming obstacles related to the provision of AV and related technical services
- provide in-field and remote support for the University's audio-visual systems across the University campuses
- be a key customer interface for ICT's delivery of quality audio visual and ICT services.
- experienced in diagnosing and repairing AV and related faults or enabling temporary workarounds to mitigate issues
- demonstrated exceptional stakeholder engagement across all levels and considerable experience in an AV and IT customer service/support role
- extensive experience and expertise in support, operating, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting audio-visual presentation and control technologies
- substantial experience in the operation and maintenance of audio-visual and ICT systems
- demonstrated ability to work autonomously, coordinating resources and showing initiative in refining systems and processes
- excellent written and verbal communication skills inclusive of ability to update technical and process guides as well as updating of databases and knowledge repositories.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Toby Berryman, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 11 June 2023 11:59 PM