Senior IT Developer
Our Excellent Benefits
At ENU, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement, and offer other excellent benefits including:
- Minimum of 36 days annual leave (including 10 fixed holidays at Easter and Christmas) and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- Employer pension contributions of 20.8%
- Flexible and hybrid working
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts including shopping, restaurants, and other services, plus discounts on local and on-site gym facilities
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Option to opt into private healthcare scheme
- For more information about our wide range of benefits, click here.
Our Information Services department is one of the largest within Edinburgh Napier University. Its team members are fully committed to delivering and supporting high quality IT and Library systems and services, accessible anytime, anywhere, enabling individuals to achieve all of their learning, teaching, research or business-related objectives.
This, along with your knowledge and experience of website creation with Content Management Systems such as WordPress or Joomla, will allow you to develop and maintain our digital services and integrations with supporting services, working collaboratively with others to support the systems and services in your area of expertise.
Your experience and input will be very much valued within the team – you will also have the opportunity to evaluate and recommend new and innovative enterprise technologies and solutions where a potential benefit to the University can be demonstrated.
Furthermore, your own personal development is also important to us so in addition, you will have the opportunity to work with your line manager in order to meet your own aspirations as well as the team’s capability targets, in turn delivering a user experience that is expertly designed and delivered in accordance with your experience, knowledge of best practice and University values & behaviours.
For a full role profile and comprehensive list of duties please click here.
What we will need from you:
- A degree in a relevant IT discipline. Candidates with other qualifications may be considered if their experience is particularly relevant.
- Experience of working with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Experience of version control with source code management tools (Git, GitLab, GitHub).
- Experience of leading complex technical developments using the technologies above.
- Willingness to take ownership of technical issues and troubleshoot to a satisfactory resolution.
Salary: £34,308 - £42,155 (Grade 5)
Closing Date: 14 June 2023
Interview Date: 30 June 2023
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. Please see here for more information.