Office of PVC (Student Success and Learning, Teaching & Students)
Administrator (Student Success & Learning & Teaching Enhancement) – REQ002133
University of the West of Scotland has an exciting opportunity for a Support Assistant to provide a full range of professional, efficient and effective administrative and secretarial support services across the Office of PVC (Learning, Teaching & Students) teams as required.
The post holder will provide support with diary management, administering of agendas, papers and minutes, the management and co-ordination of various events and meetings including the arrangement of travel and accommodation for the department.
You must be a team player with excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to plan under your own initiative and work to specific deadlines. You will be accustomed to operating within a busy environment with a focus on attention to detail and accuracy. You will be proficient in IT and Microsoft applications.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent, or have relevant, practical work experience
- Relevant administrative experience within a busy office environment, with experience of task management and prioritisation of work within a team environment
- Experience of identifying and resolving problems, liaising with other departments or staff where necessary
- Experience of updating and maintaining records and processes
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- A day off for your birthday
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- An additional day’s leave to celebrate your birthday
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities
Closing Date: Sunday 11th June 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity.