Research Assistant (Medicine - Cardiac)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for clinical research trial conducted in the National University Health System (NUHS) – Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Department of Medicine and Cardiology. The department research covers basic science, clinical, translational and health services research in the aims to help researchers and clinicians to deliver better patient care and continuously better the lives of the patients. The department conducts clinical research with the collaboration and involvement in multinational pharmaceutical companies and Investigator Initiated trails. More information on the department is available at https://www.nuhs.edu.sg/research/Pages/Research-NUHS.aspx
Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis
Purpose of the post
To assist investigators in conducting clinical trials and research at NUHS –Ng Teng Fong General Hospital according to study protocol, ICH Good Clinical Practice (ICH GCP), Singapore Human Biomedical Research Act (HBRA) and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements as well as hospital policies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Investigator in applying to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for ethics review and to the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) for clinical trial authorization / clinical research material (if required)
Assist the Investigator in submission of status reports / non-compliance reports (if any) to IRB and HSA (if applicable)
Assist in submitting data request application and/or agreement are submitted within the required timeline. Review retrieved data and complete missing data when possible and update, complete and/or retrieved data from database for research and audit purposes according to study protocol and activities.
Assist in data collection and data audits, ensure data collected are secured, stored and organised according to instituted security and confidential requirement and able to perform simple data analysis
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties (10%)
Perform administrative duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned by the supervisor.
The applicant should:
- Degree in Nursing/Life Science/Healthcare related courses with relevant clinical research experience. Previous work experience in clinical research/nursing will be an advantage
- Good written and communication skill is needed as the above job scope will require and involve daily - regular coordination, liaising with different stakeholders involved. (E.g. relevant research and site regulatory, study sites team members and patients)
- As the research conducted involved predominantly cardiac patients whom are of the older age group. With the abilities to speak other languages and or common dialects will enable better coordination and liaising of study aim, purpose and follow up with the patient without a need if a translator and prevent miscommunication.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work meticulously, independently and to be a team player.
- Competent or willing to learn database management programs (e.g. excel)
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to <Vanesa Loh>, at <email@example.com>.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19409