Social Media Officer - Faculty and Advocacy
- Full time, 12 month Fixed Term opportunity
- Exciting opportunity to join the Social Media Team at one of Australia's leading universities
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Social Media Officer - Faculty and Advocacy to help the Social Media Team drive engagement on key advocacy channels for the University of Sydney. As part of the Brand and Content Team, you will work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications colleagues to develop and implement advocacy communication campaigns and help central and faculty channels deliver best practice social media campaigns and content.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- facilitate and consult on best social media practice across Faculty, MDI's and key advocacy channels that represent the brand
- provide project coordination support for organic and paid social media campaigns and execute testing strategies to optimise the performance of social media content
- support the development and oversee management of an advocacy content plan to assist the team effectively leverage brand channels across social media campaigns
- assist the social media team in defining and building online audience segments as part of a social media distribution strategy
- provide advice regarding emerging social media trends and industry best practice in the advocacy and influencer space and recommend new ideas to drive brand value and engagement.
- ideally holds a degree and experience in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- high level verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- experience with organic and paid functions of Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter
- can work with Marketing and Communications teams and business partners to adapt social messaging and tactics based on audiences and platforms
- understanding of key social media metrics and analytics for both paid and organic social media advertising
- strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to take initiative and multitask with competing priorities
- demonstrated ability to build strong relationship with key internal stakeholders
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Riviera Son, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 04 June 2023 11:59 PM