Applications are invited for the post of a research assistant at the Institute of Public Health (IPH), College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University. The IPH has a wide range of interest areas including Public Health, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and Occupational and Environmental Health.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and assist with research activities including data collection, data entry and analysis and related activities.
- Provide technical, administrative and computing support to the principal investigator using statistical and presentational software.
- Contribute to the production of conference and seminar papers, to the preparation of reports, manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a major in health-related subject.
Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a closely related Basic/Health Science subject along with relevant experience in conducting survey research within hospital/out-patient settings.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Familiarity with methods for quantitative and qualitative data collection, data entry, and analysis of research data
- Good interpersonal and communication skills abilities to conduct interviews, transcribing and thematic analysis
- Demonstrated awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues
- Excellent computing skills and familiarity with the use and application of statistical packages, databases, spreadsheets & graphics
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good interpersonal and team working skills and flexibility with working hours.
- Fluency in English
Special Instructions to Applicant
Candidates should submit a cover letter together with a full curriculum vitae.
Division Zayed Bin Sultan Cntr.For Health Sc
Department Zayed Bin Sultan Cntr.For Health Sc
Job Close Date 30-06-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant