Assistant/Associate Professor in Physics
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses nine departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature and Linguistics, Arabic Language, Mass Communication, History, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, International Affairs, Policy, Planning and Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and Environmental Sciences. The College also houses Master Programs, which are M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences, M.A. in Gulf Studies, M.A. in Arabic Language and Literature, M.Sc. in Materials Science and Technology, and M.Sc. in Applied Statistics. In addition to a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences and a PhD in Gulf Studies. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. Also, there are two established research centers namely the Center for Sustainable Development and the Gulf Studies Center.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is a major source of research funding, with an individual project funding limit exceeding600,000 $/project and student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of the QNRF awards, with many research-active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach specialized and service courses offered by Physics Program, such as, but not limited to, Modern Physics, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Electronics, Optics, and Solid-State physics.
- Advise or co-advise students.
- Contribute to various committees at the Department, College, and University levels.
- Contribute to the research profile of the department and College through research publications.
- Develop research activities in line with Qatar National Research Priorities.
- Participate in enhancing the international visibility of QU through participation in international scientific events and building collaborations with worldwide peer academic institutions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department.
- PhD degree in Applied Physics from a recognized/ranked university.
- Bachelor degrees in Physics from a recognized/ranked university.
- Have at least three years of teaching experience after PhD at university level.
- Candidates must have an emerging research record evidenced by existing or forthcoming articles in highly rated academic journals and/or books with leading academic presses.
- Familiar with educational technologies used in higher education sector.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills using English language.
Preference: Preference will be given to candidates with experience in computational, modeling, and simulation research.
- Cover letter.
- Current Curriculum Vitae that includes the following information:
- Years of experience after Ph.D.
- Major and specialization/concentration
- H-index, total citations, Google scholar link, ORCID number.
- The number of publications in Q1 journals in the last 5 years.
- The number of publications in Q2 journals in the last 5 years.
- The number of publications in Q3 journals in the last 5 years.
- The number of publications in Q4 journals in the last 5 years.
- The number of publications in non-indexed journals.
- The number of published books.
- The number of published chapter of books.
- The number of Graduate Students supervised and the role.
- Awards and Grants (with the role and budget amount).
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of the certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation deemed relevant to the application.
In case of queries please contact Head of Department: Prof. Muhammad Tahir Mustafa email@example.com
- Three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 17-Aug-2023