Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Events and Leisure Management
University of East London
Founded in 1898, we at the University of East London (UEL) are proud to change lives though education. Our goal is to advance industry 5.0 careers-first education and provide a clear path to the jobs and opportunities of the future. We’re committed to driving diversity in the 5.0 talent pipeline, working in partnership to promote talent wherever it is found and creating a balanced, inclusive, and green future.
But we can't achieve this goal alone. We need forward-thinking, innovative, and curious individuals like you to join our community and help us craft our future. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people who share your passion for creating positive change. We’re an inclusive and welcoming community that is constantly moving forward, never satisfied with the status quo.
About the Job
The postholder will benefit our students by providing high quality, innovative and engaging teaching, research, enterprise and/or professional activity as a member of the teaching team and in collaboration with others.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as module leader, taking responsibility for allocated modules and coordinating activities, resources, and assessments.
- Design, develop, deliver, and assess a programme of high-quality learning experiences across a range of modules and course at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Develop teaching strategies, materials and assessments which are inclusive, engaging, and appropriate to the student population.
- Contribute to university activities, particularly those intended to enhance the student experience and improving attainment gap between BAME and white students.
- Participate and actively engage in university activities, including Open Days, school/college liaison, meetings, committees, and assessment boards.
The ideal candidate will be resilient, flexible, self-motivated, goal and outcome orientated with a genuine drive to constantly improve curriculum content and delivery to optimise the learner experience.
You will have experience of curriculum design and development using blended and inclusive strategies and learning methods to balance practical relevance and academic rigour in curriculum delivery, maximising the learning experience, as well as a Masters degree in a relevant subject and/or extensive industry experience.
Here at UEL we understand it’s about more than just a salary. It’s about the entire package on offer along with our outstanding work environment and inclusive culture. We know the market rates for this vacancy and will offer a genuinely competitive salary DOE.
We care deeply about your wellbeing and our benefits includes: 20% pension (4% from you, 16% from us), 35 days holiday (plus 3 days over Christmas) plus bank holidays, hybrid working for most positions, and we’re always open to consider flexible working arrangements. We have a shared success bonus of £4,250 pa, subsidised gym membership, 3 times base salary life assurance, a cashback healthcare scheme and wide variety of other generous benefits including discounts on: Apple and Samsung products, holidays, clothing, fitness, lifestyle, dining out and weekly shopping.
UEL is an inclusive equal opportunities employer and are proud of our Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity achievements, including: zero gender pay gap, members of Stonewall and have won Athena Swan awards. We expect all employees of UEL to accept our EDI policy and will not tolerate discrimination in any form.
So, if you’d like to take your career to the next level with us here at the University of East London and are inspired by our environment and committed to success, we want you to apply today!
More searches like this
- Business & Management Academic Posts London (Central) London (East) jobs in London (Greater)
- Business & Management Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors London (Central) London (East) jobs in London (Greater)
- Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors London (Central) London (East) jobs in London (Greater)