Strategic Programme Management Office
Paisley Campus, with occasional travel to other campuses, as required
Grade 6 – £39,592 - £47,047 per annum
Salary per annum
Full time, Fixed Term One Year
The Strategic Programme Management Office is an expanding team at the heart of the University, responsible for supporting large scale change programmes designed to transform critical elements of the University’s delivery operation and impact positively on our students’ experience. Our aspirations are laid out in UWS Strategy 2025 and our Strategic Programme Management Office team is responsible for the successful delivery of the range of programmes and projects designed to achieve our ambitions.
THE POST – Change Manager
We are seeking to appoint to this new role a motivated and flexible individual who can provide change management support to a range of project activities within a programme environment. Projects span a wide range of business processes, people and organisational change inputs but all have a clear connection to larger scale programmes and our strategy. You will play an active role in project and programme teams – supporting sponsors and staff on the change journey.
You will play a key role in ensuring that organisational projects and initiatives meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. The post holder will focus on the people side of change at University of West of Scotland, preparing, supporting, and equipping people to adopt and use changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles, organisation structures, and more. The primary responsibility of the Change Manager will be to develop and implement change management strategies and plans that maximise employee adoption and usage of required changes.
Success will be evident through faster adoption and higher ultimate utilisation of the change, and increased proficiency of the staff who are utilising the changes in their daily work.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent lived experience
- Relevant professional qualification (APMG, Prosci etc).
- Experience of employing change management principles, methodologies and tools (for example, ADKAR, Kotter’s) along with project management approaches (PRINCE2, MSP).
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts including lead on transformation initiatives.
- Experience of delivering people focused/impact change.
- Experience of writing reports and presenting intricate information clearly.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral with proven ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future. Find out more about our Professional Services teams.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An Additional day of annual leave for your Birthday
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Free fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities
- Free parking
Further Information, including details of how to apply, is available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk
Closing Date: 14th June 2023
Interview Date: 4th July 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.