Manager, International Business Development and Engagement
- RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne, Australia
- 25 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Fundraising, Development & Alumni, International Activities, Knowledge Transfer / Business Links, Other Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full-time, Fixed Term position until July 2024
- Salary HEW 9 + 17% Superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working
About the Role
The Manager, International Business Development & Engagement supports the Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor, Strategy, International & Engagement (ADVC S,I&E) in the development and implementation of the multi-faceted offshore growth strategy, identification of commercial and research partnership opportunities offshore, engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and provide strategic operational support for international projects/activities.
The Manager will support the ADVC S,I&E through the identification of diverse, mutually beneficial partnerships, develop cross-campus student recruitment initiatives, and expand College of Business and Law (CoBL) product and branding offshore through quality providers. This role will require a strategic mindset and entrepreneurial flair to evaluate global learning opportunities in key markets, and drive engagement and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the CoBL's long term international presence and student diversification targets. In fulfilling these responsibilities, the Manager, International Business Development & Engagement plays a vital role in supporting the ADVC S,I&E to deliver international higher education and research programs in new and existing global markets.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic support, advice and project coordination and delivery in a university environment.
- Well developed project management skills with a record of successfully managing and delivering on projects through to completion in accordance with agreed standards, timeframes and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and interpret a wide range of information and data, leading to relevant, strategic verbal and written analyses of key issues and rational decision-making.
- Proven outstanding communication skills, including experience in developing professional communication material and delivering effective presentations and material.
- Highly developed interpersonal, teamwork skills, relationship management and consulting skills, including the ability to interact with, and gain co-operation from, internal and external stakeholders at various levels and utilising a variety of means.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise substantial levels of problem solving, independence, judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple pieces of work, with varying interest groups and to achieve excellent outcomes.
- Ability to use a variety of tools to ensure an end-to-end technology supported process and visualisation of outcomes.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the College of Business and Law
RMIT College of Business and Law has a proud history of providing programs that meet the evolving needs of students and industry.
All of our programs incorporate Work Integrated Learning (WIL) which means that our students are work-ready by the time they graduate.
This embedded industry perspective places them ahead of their competitors in the job market, and provides an invaluable opportunity to start developing social and professional networks during their RMIT studies.
Our teaching staff deliver programs responsive to the latest industry requirements and are actively engaged in research and consultation with business and government.
We also connect with the local Victorian community, businesses, research centres, governments and secondary schools in Australia to run projects, provide services, host conferences and provide networking opportunities for business leaders and alumni.
Click here for more information about the College.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this page.
For further information about this position, please see the Position Description hyperlinked below or contact Mathews Nkhoma (Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor, Strategy International & Engagement) via email email@example.com
Position Description - Manager, International Business Development & Engagement
Please note, we will be running a rolling recruitment process, so please do not wait until the closing date to apply.
Applications close on Thursday, 8th June at 11:59 pm.
About RMIT University
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 96,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. The University's mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students to prepare them for life and work.
Why work at RMIT University
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. Find out more about working at RMIT University, what we stand for and why we are an Employer of Choice.
We want to attract those who will make a difference. View RMIT's impressive standings in university rankings.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.