Post-Doctoral Associate in the Division of Science, Biology - Epigenomics of Development
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 25 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A Post-Doctoral Associate position is available starting in Summer 2023 in the division of Sciences at New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD). The position will be based at NYU Abu Dhabi in the research group of Professor Kirsten Sadler Edepli. Our group is collaborative and dedicated to team science. The ideal candidate will be an expert communicator, ambitious and productive leader of their own project as well as enthusiastic in supporting projects that are led by others. The aims of the project are in the area of epigenetic patterning, regulation of liver development, liver regeneration and aging, with the specific project to be defined based on the interest and background of the candidate and goals of the research group at time of hire.
The core responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Mastery of the state-of-the-art in the field of epigenetics in the context of regeneration or organogenesis in mice or zebrafish
- Direct the data acquisition, analysis and visualization relevant to a project to study the mechanism by which the repressive epigenome is patterned during development and deciphering the effects of widespread epigenomic changes on development and liver regeneration
- Collaborate on projects involving zebrafish development, liver regeneration in mice and epigenomics of non-model organisms
- Participating in scientific research as part of a team. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of the research in a collaborative manner, reporting and interpretation of findings and maintaining research records.
- Regular sharing of data with the supervisor and the team members as well as international collaborators to communicate and discuss research output and progress.
- Publishing research results in top journals and present results at international conferences
- Mentoring undergraduate students in research projects.
Applicants must hold a recent PhD degree (awarded in 2020 or later) in biological sciences, genetics, genomics, cell biology, bioinformatics or related fields. We seek a creative scientist with demonstrated track record of research using cutting edge imaging and bioinformatics analysis on whole animal models based on based on first author publications/pre-prints. Hands-on experience in genomics, epigenomics and bioinformatics analysis and excellent written, oral scientific communication in English is essential. Experience using mice or zebrafish as a model organism is highly desirable.
The terms of employment include highly competitive salary, housing allowance, and other benefits that facilitate a comfortable lifestyle in Abu Dhabi. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. Anticipated start date: Summer 2023.
Required application materials:
- A cover letter addressed to Professor Sadler Edepli summarizing research experience, bioinformatics experience and specifying the candidate’s interests in this particular position;
- curriculum vitae (including a full list of publications);
- Contact contact details for at least 2 scientists who can speak to the candidate’s qualifications as a scientist; one of these letters must come from a previous supervisor.
All materials must be submitted using the Interfolio platform through the link in our website https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/about/careers.html If you have any questions, you can contact Dr. Edepli at firstname.lastname@example.org
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer.
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/sustainability
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.