Post-Doctoral Associate in Science, Dr. Pance Naumov Research Group
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 25 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Division of Science at New York University Abu Dhabi are inviting applications for a fully funded Post-Doctoral Associate position in the areas of chemistry, materials science and mechanical engineering with interests in smart materials, biomimetic and bioinspired materials, surface science, solid-state chemistry, microscopy, macro/micro/nanodevices, photochemistry, and photophysics.
The Post-Doctoral Associate will work under the supervision of Dr. Pance Naumov
(nyuad.nyu.edu/en/research/faculty-research/naumov-group.html) on the design, preparation and physicochemical characterization of new materials and devices. The lab is well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities for X-ray diffraction, spectroscopy, microscopy, thermal and mechanical materials characterization, and organic synthesis. Moreover, the post-doctoral associate will have access to the well-equipped core research facilities of NYUAD.
Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or Mechanical Engineering.
Priority will be given to candidates with a background in the following primary and secondary areas of expertise:
- Mechanical engineering: Mathematical modeling, tracking and analysis of motion, experience with finite element analysis, analysis of bending and twisting beams
- Solid-state physics: Analysis of inorganic or organic crystalline solids, characterization of their mechanical properties, modelling of deformations and defects in solids
- Bio-related materials: Biomimetic and bioinspired materials
- Devices: Design, fabrication and testing of small mechanical devices, experience with working in a clean room, microfluidics, experience with automated sampling and chemical analysis
- Surface and colloid chemistry: Experience with using quartz crystal microbalance, chemical and physical characterization of colloids, small-angle scattering and diffuse scattering
- Microscopy: Advanced methods of atomic force microscopy in solid and liquid state, scanning electron microscopy in non-atmospheric conditions, TEM of organic materials
- Organic synthetic chemistry: Design of synthetic pathways to new small molecules and polymers and compete characterization by using NMR and other spectroscopic methods.
Applicants are required to indicate at the beginning of their cover letter their primary and secondary area(s) of expertise from the above list. Applications without these details will not be considered.
The terms of employment are competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for the Post-Doctoral Associate and their dependents. Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter (with expected date of availability), curriculum vitae with a full publication list, one-page statement of research interests, and three representative publications, all in PDF format. To complete the online process, applicants will be prompted to enter the names and email addresses of at least three referees. Each referee will be contacted to upload their reference letter. If you have any questions, please email Brenda Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering and graduate program in Sciences and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This Global Network University (GNU) represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is not located in the United States. You must be willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.