PhD and Postdoc Position in the SUBPRO-Zero Team
This is SUBPRO-Zero
SUBPRO-Zero (SUstainable Bridge PROgram towards Zero emissions) is a research center that funds 10-12 PhD students and postdocs in the next 3-years. Its mission is to conduct fundamental and applied research to contribute to net-zero emissions in the offshore industry.
The goals of the centre are to:
- Conduct research that makes a difference and contribute to a sustainable future
- Work together with the industry partners to come up with new and innovative solutions that will contribute to net-zero emissions from the offshore industry
- Educate PhD candidates, Postdocs and master students who can help the industry speed up the energy transistion and contribute to the green shift
The activities focus on the following areas:
- Zero emission to air: Carbon capture, gas treatment and low complexity blue hydrogen production (e.g., for offshore applications)
- Zero emission to water: Water treatment, including re-injection
- Field architecture, optimization, and energy efficiency
- Digitalization: Systems Control, and RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintenance and Safety)
SUBPRO Zero is funded by Industry and NTNU. The consortium consists of 5 Operator companies (Equinor, Aker BP, Neptune Energy, Total Energies, Vår Energi) and 3 Supplier companies (DNV, Aker Solutions, Kongsberg Digital)
SUBPRO Zero is a continuation of the highly successful SUBPRO Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI) on Subsea Production and Processing (2015-2023) which was funded by industry, NTNU and the Research Council of Norway. As funding for SUBPRO expires in 2023, part of the consortium and new industrial partners decided to continue the collaboration in a follow-up project with a more sustainable focus, SUBPRO-Zero.
Do you want to become a part of the SUBPRO-Zero team?
We are now announcing 10 positions in SUBPRO-Zero that aim to bring forward outstanding research and innovation and to facilitate a sustainable development of the Norwegian energy sector. You are encouraged to apply for more than one position if there are several that fit your interests and background.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with Regulations concerning the degrees of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) and Philosodophiae Doctor (PhD) in artistic research national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant
Our announcements for the positions
Please note that each announcement has a specific deadline for the application.
- PhD Candidate within Gas Flotation for Subsea Produced Water Treatment
- PhD Candidate within process systems engineering
- PhD Candidate in Incorporating AI in Safety-critical systems for CO2 capture, injection and storage
- Three (3) Postdoctoral positions within SUBPRO Zero - IV-87/23
- More to be uploaded.
- exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- an open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- employee benefits
NTNU believes that inclusion and diversity is our strength. We want to recruit people with different competencies, educational backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives to contribute to solving our social responsibilities within education and research. We will facilitate for our employees’ needs.
The city of Trondheim is a modern European city with a rich cultural scene. Trondheim is the innovation capital of Norway with a population of 200,000. The Norwegian welfare state, including healthcare, schools, kindergartens and overall equality, is probably the best of its kind in the world. Professional subsidized day-care for children is easily available. Furthermore, Trondheim offers great opportunities for education (including international schools) and possibilities to enjoy nature, culture and family life and has low crime rates and clean air quality.
As an employee at NTNU, you must at all times adhere to the changes that the development in the subject entails and the organizational changes that are adopted.
A public list of applicants with name, age, job title and municipality of residence is prepared after the application deadline. If you want to reserve yourself from entry on the public applicant list, this must be justified. Assessment will be made in accordance with current legislation. You will be notified if the reservation is not accepted.
If you have any questions about the position, please see links for the positions.
If you think this looks interesting and in line with your qualifications, please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates attached. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered. Upon request, you must be able to obtain certified copies of your documentation.
Application deadline: Please see links for the positions.
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
The Faculty of Natural Sciences
The Faculty of Natural Sciences is a key player in national and international research and education programmes in natural sciences and technology. Our research focuses on global challenges in the areas of energy, climate, the environment, food, water, health and welfare. The Faculty consists of eight departments as well as the Faculty Administration.
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Scope Fulltime (10 positions)
Place of service