Enterprise Risk Management Senior Specialist
The ERM Senior Specialist will assist University management in developing, implementing, and improving a University wide Enterprise Risk Management framework and will assist to identify and manage the risk to the University departments/units, employees, students, and reputation.
- Monitor and highlight external risks to the university and recommend on how the same can be managed
- Coordinate risk reporting across the University and ensure that management receives sufficient and reliable information
- Assess and report on operational risks across the University, and provide Director with timely updates
- Discuss the findings and actions to address identified risks with them
- Ensure effective co-ordination, communication and coverage of relevant issues
- Update Director and management on identification and management of major risks
- Liaise with other risk management functions (health and safety, IT risk management, emergency response/business continuity, treasury risk, etc.) to bring about risk alignment.
- Implement and administer the Enterprise risk management (ERM)/ Business continuity management (BCM) programs across the University
- Assist with review and continuous enhancement of the application of the ERM framework.
- Serve as a liaison to provide guidance and make recommendations to the Department Director for the ERM/BCM programs to be taken up at the executives’ level
- Develop and maintain ERM/BCM policies, processes, procedures, tools, and information systems
- Facilitate the identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting of risks in the context of complying with the University’s internal risk tolerances
- Deploy and maintain quantitative tools and models that assist in estimating the likelihood and severity of risk events.
- Analyze ERM metrics and report performance
- Quantify and prioritize risks, validate assumptions, report risks and ensure that information presented for decision-making and reporting is complete and correct
- Oversee the development and delivery of ERM/BCM training across the university
- Monitor compliance as required by the ERM/BCM Policy, including aggregation of risks across the university and development and review of the overall risk profile and report on the results
- Support in the assessment and identification of opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives
- Participate in conducting the follow up assignments to ensure the proper implementation of the corrective actions agreed in the report;
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Required Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics or IT.
Expats: A minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3 year of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Senior Specialist
Job Type: Full-time