The Medical Image Computing and Automated Diagnostics Research Group at the Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering (CSSE) at UAEU works on developing novel techniques for anatomical and biophysical modeling to help in fundamental and clinical studies. We apply machine learning, computer vision, and deep learning methodologies on various bio-medical image modalities, e.g., two-photon microscopy, optical coherence tomography, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging, to investigate potential biomarkers.
The candidate will join a project in collaboration with Polytechnique Montreal and Harvard Medical School, to model neurovascular anatomy and function at different scales using machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques. The candidate should have the passion and motivation to pursue multidisciplinary research at the intersection of medical image computing and AI. Methodologies of interest include: multi-modal and transfer learning, convnets, transformers, deep segmentation, geometric deep learning, and self-supervised learning
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related disciplines.
- Strong knowledge in machine learning and deep learning.
- Proficient programming experience in Python and libraries (e.g., OpenCV, Pytorch, TensorFlow) with ~2 years of practice.
- Experience in maintaining high-quality code on Github.
- Strong English communication and writing skills.
- Motivated and can work independently as well as within a team in an interdisciplinary environment.
Master's degree in computer science / engineering or related field
Division College of Information Tech. -(CIT)
Department Computer Science&Software Eng-(CIT)
Job Close Date 31-07-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant