COS Skills Enablement Lead
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $111,966 - $126,271 plus 17% Superannuation
- 25 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 May 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term position for 3 years
- Great opportunity to support the training and development of University staff
- Base salary range from $111,966 - $126,271 plus 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The COS Skills Enablement Lead will provide hands on development and delivery of priority operational and technical training programs to ensure that Central Operations Services (COS) staff have the capabilities to meet the expectations of our customers. The position collaborates with COS Leadership team, Managers, Team members, HR, and Organisational Development to implement robust and comprehensive technical training solutions for COS staff and suppliers. This role focuses on delivering priority training for technical systems and processes.
Your key responsibilities will include to:
- develop and implement training plans for technical systems such as Archibus and Riskware
- identify technical training support needs and opportunities across COS
- review, design, develop and maintain technical training and support materials including training courses, eLearning, Quick Reference Guides, videos, and trainer guides (using the University authoring tools).
- complete training planning and scheduling for COS team and projects / initiatives
- deliver face to face and online technical training and development solutions for COS team, stakeholders, suppliers, and customers.
- build internal capability and train the trainer networks
- source and manage external training providers (where required)
- evaluate and report on training activities, and
- ensure easy access to training and development delivery, materials, and tools
- 5 years' hands on experience planning, developing, and delivering effective staff and stakeholder training and development programs and support materials (from a BAU and project perspective)
- experience in working with a range of systems and software e.g. Learning Management Systems, eLearning authoring software (Captivate, Articulate), website content management systems (SharePoint), multimedia technology
- demonstrated experience delivering to deadlines and managing multiple activities.
- experience working with Archibus, Ariba or similar procurement, work order, facilities management, and ERP systems
- collaborates with others and strong customer and results focus. Ability to collaborate with all levels of stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- degree, Diploma or Advanced Diploma (Vocational Education) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation training / presentation and consultation skills
- problem solving skills and ability to present and support detailed and complex information clearly
- Experience in a tertiary education institution or within the facilities management industry would be highly desirable.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 31 May 2023 11:59 PM