Shift Electrical Technician
Responsible for undertaking planned preventative and reactive maintenance throughout College buildings, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and statutory compliance requirements. Ensuring records of planned and reactive maintenance are kept up to date and to a high standard.
The role will have responsibility for the operational performance and safety of buildings at all times and will liaise with specialist sub-contractors, other building dedicated engineers and clients to maintain high quality service delivery and maximum system uptime.
The Electrical Technician will be expected to optimise and analyse performance, whilst problem solving and offering creative solutions.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
• Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business-critical systems within the building portfolio.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance and report faults and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts and regulations. Update site-specific work schedules and re-programme regularly.
• Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites electrical services.
• Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process and periodically update as may be required.
• Manage and conduct fault finding.
• Conduct statutory system and asset testing and report accoringley
• Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns.
• Attendance may also be required occasionally outside normal hours to deal with certain maintenance procedures and specialist critical system contractors.
• Deliver and comply with all statutory, client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards applicable to the College environment.
• Minimise the risk of plant failure and breakdown and promote a reliability centred and conditioned based proactive maintenance process.
• You will be expected to deliver a high level of customer focused service and participate in training when required (Fit for King’s, etc).
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 or time serviced apprenticeship (Electrical)
2. IT literate with a good understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook
3. Good understanding of health and safety processes and policies
4. Knowledge of statutory compliance
5. Good knowledge of engineering designs, installations, maintenance and repairs
6. Effective communication skills in order to convey information clearly
7. Excellent attention to detail
8. Self-motivated with a willingness to provide excellent customer service
9. Analytical and problem-solving abilities
10. First Aid course
11. Knowledge and understanding of working in critical environments