Teaching Assistant, Audio Arts & Sciences
The Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music is seeking a full-time Teaching Assistant in the Audio Arts & Sciences. The initial term of appointment shall be for one year (renewable).
Responsibilities of the appointment include:
- Assist in teaching module contents of SSL C200, SSL Live 550, Yamaha analog mixing console, RME portable recording system, principle and operation of studio analog outboard equipment, computer construction (MAC and Windows), and operation of Protools recording software.
- Assist in teaching AAS elective modules.
- Supervision of students’ projects.
- Supporting recording services for faculty members, students, concerts and events.
- Supporting recording studio maintenance and administration.
- Provision of technical support for seminar room AV system.
The successful candidate is expected to have a Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Audio Arts and Sciences or equivalent field in the recording industry, strong IT background, working experience with large format digital console or DAW controller, abundant recording and editing experience on Protools system and experience in recording in both concert hall and recording studio environment
Applicants should submit through NUS Careers their curriculum vitae; three recommendation letters from the recording/music industry; and links to at least one piece of classical music recording, and one piece of pop music recording with technical description included. The technical description should include information on the recording time and locations, microphone brand, polar pattern and setup, name of the band or ensemble.
Appointment to commence in July 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Enquiries about the position can be sent to Assoc Prof Zhou Xiaodong (email@example.com)
Location: Kent:Ridge Campus
Department: Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
Job requisition ID : 19946