Research Assistant / Associate (Quantum Network Engineering), Centre for Quantum Technologies
About the Centre for Quantum Technologies
The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research centre of excellence in Singapore. It brings together physicists, computer scientists and engineers to do basic research on quantum physics and to build devices based on quantum phenomena. Experts in this new discipline of quantum technologies are applying their discoveries in computing, communications, and sensing.
CQT is hosted by the National University of Singapore and also has staff at Nanyang Technological University. With some 180 researchers and students, it offers a friendly and international work environment.
Learn more about CQT at www.quantumlah.org
National Safe Quantum Network (NQSN) is one of three national platforms established for quantum technologies in Singapore. These platforms are supported by the Quantum Engineering Programme.
NQSN is actively working to execute the vision of establishing a nationwide platform and a field-deployed testbed for quantum-safe communication technologies, evaluating its security aspects and demonstrating the integration of quantum-safe applications, best practices, and use cases.
We are looking for a candidate who can actively contribute to:
- Technical support in deploying, configuring, operating and maintaining the QKD networks across the NQSN nodes
- Be the Point-of-Contact for ad-hoc maintenance and support in the field
- Solving the technical issues of the network when there is a need
- Reporting progress updates to the team on regula
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge & hands on experiences in network engineering such as TCP/IP networks, VPN, routing, network analysis tools etc.
- Open minded and willing to learn new technologies
- Knowledge in Quantum Key Distribution and/or encryption equipment is a plus
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Keen attention to details and ability to resolve technical problems
- Technical writing and presentation skills
Location: [[Kent Ridge]]
Department : [[Centre for Quantum Technologies]]
Job requisition ID : []
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.