Research Assistant (Mechanobiology Institute)
The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multidisciplinary institute committed to developing new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dynamic functional processes. Through quantitative biophysical approaches, we address major problems in biomedical sciences including pathogenesis (from bacterial to cancer), tissue regeneration, and function.
The Mechanobiology Institute is seeking to recruit a Research Assistant to work with MBI Fellow Dr. Tee Yee Han on a multi-scale investigation, from molecules to cells to tissue, of the mechanism underlying the emergence of left-right asymmetry in life forms. This question is central to development and has unexplored applications. This is an excellent entry-level job for candidates interested in pursuing postgraduate studies and/ or developing experimental skillsets in cellular imaging, micropatterning and image analysis. The successful candidate will work closely with Dr. Tee to design and execute experiments, and help to develop an image analysis toolkit.
Specifically, the candidates responsibilities will include:
- Performing cell culture assays: transfections, knockdown, immunofluorescence staining
- Microfabrication and micropatterning
- Microscopy: confocal, live-cell imaging and super-resolution microscopy
- Image analysis
- Assisting in laboratory administrative tasks including procurement, reporting and laboratory safety
- A Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, bioinformatics, computational biology or related disciplines
- Fresh graduates are welcome; especially those with the intention of pursuing graduate studies in future
Preferable Qualifications/ Experiences
- Experience with deep-learning based image analysis and programming languages such as Python and MATLAB.
- Experience with RNAseq analysis
- Highly motivated and willing to learn
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18508