Research Associate / Fellow (Senior Radiochemist)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Associate or Research Fellow (Senior Radiochemist) in the Department of Clinical Imaging Research Centre (CIRC) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. CIRC is a dedicated molecular imaging research centre. It is equipped with on-site capability for the preparation of PET radiopharmaceuticals in a state-of-the-art GMP-certified facility. CIRC is positioned to support both academic and commercially led clinical research programs, with dedicated clinical imaging facilities area advanced modalities of PET-CT and PET-MRI. For more details on what we do, do visit https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/circ/. Appointments will be made on a two-years contract basis with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Associate or Research Fellow (Senior Radiochemist) has to carry out production of radiopharmaceuticals manufactured at CIRC in compliance with PIC/S GMP as well as development of novel molecular imaging probes for preclinical uses.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Associate or Research Fellow (Senior Radiochemist) will be able to:
- To perform routine production of radiopharmaceuticals using automated radiochemistry synthesis modules to carry out radioisotope incorporation (e.g., F-18, C-11) and radiotracer formulation
- Assisting in the development of new radiochemical synthesis methods and new molecular imaging probes
- Ensuring that products are produced and stored according to the appropriate documentation in order to obtain the required quality
- Assisting in writing of SOPs
- Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- To manage waste disposal
- Maintaining a clean and safe laboratory environment
- Ensure that deviations from normal procedure are documented
- Lead a team of radiochemists
- Any adhoc duties as required for this role
The applicant should:
- Minimum requirement: MSc or PhD in Chemistry (bioconjugate, organic, synthetic, medicinal or radiochemistry)
- Synthetic experience and interpretation skills of analytical data
- Previous working experience in pharmaceutical production (GMP environment) is an advantage
- Prior experience in any form of molecular imaging is also an advantage.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of two (2) referees to this job portal. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19453