Research Engineer (Science / Engineering / Aerosol & Air Quality Sciences)
The job holder is to work with PI and the research team to conduct Research Characterizing Airborne Pollutants in Urban Environment.
The research activities involve (but not limited to):
- Operating a wide variety of instruments, data retrieval
- Laboratory chemical analyses and speciation
- Modeling chemical reactions of airborne pollutants
- Assisting and contributing to project deliverables, including,
- Planning and conduct experiments, data analyses, progress reporting, report writing, etc.
One or more of (but not limited to) the following:
- Fast learner capable of conducting independent research and proficient literature search, review & summary with strong background in chemical engineering / chemistry / physics
- Sufficient experiences in applying Pythons functions of matplotlib, and numPy, pandas, statsmodels, etc
- Modeling chemical reactions of airborne pollutants through implicit modules
- Experiences of applying machine learning to handle big data
- Experiences of laboratory chemical analyses using chromatography, such as GC-MS-MS, LC-MS-MS, etc
- Experiences of operating instruments measuring physical properties of aerosols
- Experiences in conducting field studies of aerosol and VOC sampling using various instruments
- Proactive in assisting and contributing to quality scientific research publications
- Proficient in technical presentation, slide making, report writing, etc
- Proven rounded and effective team player with strong initiative and ownership of the research project
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute