Research Associate (3D Printing and Design)
Job Opening for Research Associate (3D Printing and Design) (Job Brief)
NUS Centre for Additive Manufacturing (AM.NUS) is inviting applications for the position of Research Associate (3D Printing and Design). As a Research Associate (3D Printing and Design) in AM.NUS, you will be working on projects on the following areas:
- End to End 3D printing application development, from customer requirement to finished product
- Design for AM with knowledge of 3D printing technology capabilities and limitations, material properties, cost optimization strategy, etc.
- Product development and design iteration using various types of 3D printing machines, such as FDM, SLM, SLA, Polyjet etc.
- Operation of some machines, quality control, maintenance and safety
- Capability of processing bioimaging data (CT/MRI) is a plus.
The NUS Centre for Additive Manufacturing (AM.NUS) leverages the National University of Singapore (NUS)’s world-class faculties, expertise and advanced capabilities in 3D printing technology, to bring innovative products to the field of healthcare that will improve patient outcomes and change lives for the better. AM.NUS will explore a whole new dimension in medicine, applying ground-breaking 3D printing technology for personalized patient treatments.
AM.NUS is the only multi-disciplinary Additive Manufacturing (AM) center in an Institute of Higher Learning in Singapore which comprises the following Faculties (Medicine, Science, Dentistry and Design & Engineering). The Centre is supported both internally by NUS and externally by National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster (NAMIC)
- Design and develop product with clients including medical devices, implants, and instruments from concept to market launch. Responsibilities will cover all aspects of the design process, including research, prototyping, laboratory testing, iterating, design for manufacturing, and detailed design of final parts and assemblies.
- Work in a collaborative environment, interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Develop product requirements and product specifications based on user requirements.
- Create CAD models and engineering drawings
- Fabricate and test components and assemblies as needed for product development.
- Create manufacturing process instructions, raw material specifications, and qualification/validation protocols and reports.
- Support creation of test protocols/reports, design review reports, risk management reports, and other supporting documents to comply with the design control processes
- Bachelor degree and above in Engineering, Design, or Material Sciences
- Experience in product development, especially with capability of CAD design and simulation
- Experience related to 3D printing technologies
- Experience in bio-imaging processing will be a plus
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.