Operations and Finance Officer
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $91,644- $98,796 p.a. + 17% superannuation
- 24 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, Fixed Term until 31/05/2025
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Sydney Social Sciences and Humanities Advanced Research Centre
- Base Salary (HEO6) $91,644- $98,796 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney Social Sciences and Humanities Advanced Research Centre (SSSHARC) uses innovative and collaborative approaches to problem solving within the humanities and social sciences and beyond. SSSHARC is a collaborative research space designed to advance innovative research partnerships and methodologies across the humanities and social sciences. We have a commitment to research excellence and knowledge sharing.
The Operations and Finance Officer works directly under the SSSHARC Executive Officer and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Centre, with a specific focus on finance and affiliation administration.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- maintain records, finance supporting and reporting for the Centre
- manage and follow up on incoming affiliation requests from all Fellows
- provide high level administrative support including diary management, travel and accommodation management, coordination of meetings including agenda and minute preparation
- contribute to continuous improvement and adoption of new initiatives and processes across the Centre.
- previous experience in a similar role providing hands-on operations management
- experience coordinating payment and invoice management, purchasing, Unibuy/ Concur transactions, travel coordination and reporting
- strong customer service skills and experience working in a customer-focused environment
- proficiency in computers including project and database management systems, and MS Office Suite.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Lena Jiang, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 04 June 2023 11:59 PM