Appeals, Complaints and Conduct Coordinator
Paisley Campus (hybrid working available)
Appeals, Complaints and Conduct Coordinator – REQ002127
Re-advertisement: Previous applicants need not apply
UWS is looking for customer focused administrator, with excellent communication skills and attention to detail to join the Quality Enhancement and Standards Team (QuEST) to support the work of Complaints, Student Appeals and Conduct.
The postholder will support the review of appeals and complaints, providing guidance and signposting as needed to the relevant procedures and will be required to treat all communication in confidence. The postholder will work closely with the Appeals, Complaints and Conduct Manager to resolve and action queries and submissions in collaboration with academic Schools and other Professional Services as required. The postholder will also support the administration of committees linked to this area. The work will be varied and will provide an opportunity to network with colleagues from across the University.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Experience of working in a similar role in an FE or HE environment.
- Experience of working with regulatory frameworks or applying processes and procedures.
- Experience of building effective working relationships with internal and external agencies.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Experience of minute taking and report writing
- Excellent written communication skills, including provision of guidance and formal communications, correspondence to internal and external staff and agencies.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- Excellent capability in using IT systems and maintaining databases.
- Customer care skills and a commitment to enhancing the student experience.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional day’s leave to celebrate your birthday 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing date: Tuesday, 6th June 2023
Interviews will be held: Week Commencing 19th June 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520