Research Fellow, Chemistry
The successful candidate will work with A/Prof Yeo Boon Siang Jason on the Electrochemical Activation of Small Molecules.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Design and synthesize new electrocatalysts, and characterize and evaluate them for activity, selectivity, and stability for specific electrochemical reactions. Reactions of interest include carbon dioxide electroreduction, electro-oxidation of methanol, etc.
- Mentor PhD students working in this project.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD degree from a reputable university in Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences or a related discipline.
- Expertise in electrochemistry, materials synthesis, assembly and testing of electrolyzers is necessary.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, and adapt into new areas as the needs of the project evolve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to publish high-quality peer-reviewed publications.
- 4-5 years of experience in the area of electrochemistry, materials synthesis, assembly and testing of electrolyzers is necessary.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18260