Lecturer (Education) in Dental Education
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer (Education) in Dental Education.
The successful candidate will strengthen the academic base of Dental Education within the Centre for Dentistry, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast, engaging in scholarly activity and supporting the development of a research group in dental education. They will innovate teaching through their input to curriculum development, assessment and online learning and will also contribute to Centre administration and outreach activity.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Primary Degree (in any cognate area) and PhD/EdD or other doctoral degree in relevant subject area (e.g. educational studies, higher education or a cognate area). OR; BDS plus current registration with the General Dental Council and Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject area (e.g. educational studies, higher education or a cognate area).
- Evidence of scholarly activity e.g. record of education focused academic outputs commensurate with stage of career, such as conference papers, publications, external funding, book reviews.
- Relevant teaching experience at University Level commensurate with the level of the post.
- Experience in design and delivery of assessments.
- Evidence of contribution to the successful delivery, enhancement and / or review of particular modules.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Chris Johnston at email@example.com.