Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Epidemiology and Public Health
Job Title: Open Rank Faculty
Reporting Line: Chair, Dept. Epidemiology and Public Health College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Department: College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Essential to this role is the desire of the successful applicant to train a new generation of medical specialist, as well as contribute to world-class research that improves practice while delivering a service to the university, the community and the United Arab Emirates.
The responsibilities of faculty members shall be an appropriate combination of:
- a) Dissemination of knowledge through undergraduate and / or graduate teaching; and
- b) Research, scholarly or other creative activities; and
- c) Academic service
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The position calls for an epidemiologist with evidence of exceptional academic standing. The candidate is expected to have made a substantive contribution to their discipline, and can show evidence of distinguished records in teaching, research and services. The roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate include, but not limited to, the below:
- Prepare teaching material including course outline, syllabus and lesson plans. Revise the subject matter on a regular basis as appropriate for that subject.
- Teach at the graduate and undergraduate level in subject areas related to biomedical sciences on time schedules allocated by the Line Manager.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Provide students with detailed syllabus, methods of instruction and evaluation in their courses.
- Engage in the selection of textbooks and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses.
- Monitor students’ performance in their subject areas and provides remedial classes when necessary.
- Set and mark exams, coursework, assignments, laboratory work, homework, and any other relevant activity.
- Use up-to-date instructional technology and ensure the delivery is clear and consistent.
- Participate in professional peer reviews.
- Supervise teaching internships.
- Develop and improve their scholarly competence and effectiveness as teachers within their area of expertise
- Teach at undergraduate level as required.
Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities:
- Carry out research and produces publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the review process.
- Engage in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Deliver papers at professional association meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in panels at regional and international meetings of professional organizations.
- Identify and successfully bid for external funding and grants.
- Actively raise the College's and Faculty’s profile, internally and externally.
- Participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Collaborate with colleagues, both within and outside the University, in conducting and managing research and consultancy activities.
- Supervise students’ research and practical work and of their theses preparation, as well as participate in evaluation of their theses.
- Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in student organization activities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Ph.D. in an area relevant to the appointment.
- Demonstrable experience in teaching and mentorship in the discipline at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Demonstrable ability to engage in independent research, with an established record of scholarly publication.
- Demonstrable success in supervision of research students.
- Demonstrable abilities to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team, well developed interpersonal skis and the ability to provide leadership and take the initiative.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience AND experience in teaching at a level that is relevant to the position and would have made contributions to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching. Can demonstrate some level of administrative skills of a team.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time
More searches like this
- Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates