Research Fellow, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source
About the Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
SSLS is a University-level Research Centre at the National University of Singapore, under the office of the Deputy President (Research & Technology), with activities involving local and international groups from many universities, research institutes, and industry. Since SSLS was commissioned in the year 1999, its scope of activities has evolved and broadened as the number of beam lines and users has increased. It currently has a R&D program featuring a variety of analytical applications based on X-ray absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, infrared spectroscopy and microscopy, phase contrast imaging, photoemission spectroscopy, and include surface, interface, and nanostructure studies, catalyst development, speciation of elements for environmental and materials science, characterization of molecules on surfaces and in the gas phase, and imaging biological and technological systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate Synchrotron accelerator as part of the Engineering team.
- Help with equipment maintenance, repair and testing as appropriate.
- Assist beamline scientists on one or more facilities, according to background and experience.
- Train and assist graduate students as needed.
- PhD's degree in Physics, or related field
- Prior experience in Synchrotron accelerator operation & technology or experience working on a Synchrotron beamline is strongly recommended.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write reports and deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Singapore Synchrotron Light Source
Department : Physical Sciences
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19871