Tutor, Japanese Language
- Native or near-native fluency in Japanese
- Bachelor’s degree in Japanese as a Foreign Language, Applied Linguistics or any related field
- At least one year of Japanese language teaching experience, excluding private lessons
- Good command of English to conduct educational and administrative work
- Must be able to teach up to 12 hours/week including 8am-10am or 6pm-8pm classes on weekdays or must be able to teach a three-hour course for retirees and working adults on Saturdays
- Teach Japanese as a foreign language (Weekday/Weekend)
- Prepare and conduct lessons (online or in-person)
- Mark all coursework and assessments
- Prepare class materials
- Create quiz and term-test questions
- Perform other course related duties
Application Documents (in English)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Japanese as a Foreign Language, Applied Linguistics or any related field
- Cover letter
- Copies of educational certificates
Please submit the above-requested documents in a single PDF file in this portal.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview and give a teaching demonstration.
Only Singapore Citizens / Singapore Permanent Residents can apply.
Location: [[AS4, #02-05]]
Department : [[Centre for Language Studies]]
Employee Referral Eligible: []
Job requisition ID : []
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS